Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Barfly Prom Bus, Bachelorettes


This one's by Dave...

While you were at home wondering if you should actually read the Game of Throne books or just watch the first season again, you missed another epic night at Slabtown. Barfly was coming in around 7 for some woman’s birthday and it was a 90s prom theme. I went to work immediately to create a playlist of 90s hip hop and pop music that reminded me of all the times I got locked inside my locker. We’re talking Sir-Mix-A-Lot, MC Hammer, Boys II Men, Bell Biv DeVoe, Wreckx-N-Effect along with Jesus Jones, Pearl Jam, 4 Non Blondes and that 500 Miles song by the Proclaimers. I can tell – you’re really excited.

Dietz came in to help me out and we made sure we were ready. The bus pulled up and the people came piling in. It looked about 50 people were waiting for drinks. I had the barfly hostess, Natalie, show me who the birthday girl was, and I had that gal stand on the bar as I crowned her Princess of the Prom. Natalie was wearing the best prom dress with sequins and everything, though, so I gave her the King of the Prom crown.

They were a cool crowd and I watched them play some sort of scavenger hunt. One woman did a handstand in front of Dietz and I at the bar in her skirt. Dietz and I were impressed. Then I tried challenging them to breakdance contest, but luckily for me they did it themselves on the stage. I saw the worm, the Robocop and a little popping from these two girls.

As they piled out a group of young ladies came in with nametags on. Dietz and I looked at each other and smirked: Bachelorette party. I told them that Dietz and I would strip for them, but they were a little shy, even after I offer to do it for no tips. They obviously wouldn’t be able to handle such Adonis’ as Dietz and I, so they went nude-bartender-free for the evening.

You guys should check out barflymag.com to see about their buses, because they look like they know how to have fun, and you get to stop by Slabtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment